Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Prague, CZ

Remember that one time a few weeks ago when the husband and I headed to Prague?  Well, I'm finally uploading photos of our trip.  This may be [yet another] photo overboard, but please bare with me; I don't have any trips to share after this until Christmas.


 Who would find an Asian bazaar immediately after crossing the border into Czech?  We would, of course.
 St. Vitus Cathedral

Prague palace courtyard
 Just hanging out in Prague.  NBD.

 Interior of St. Vitus



 There was a section of the city blocked off and called Golden Lane.  It was supposed to replicate how various homes would look of those living within the city walls during different periods of time.  The plaques outside each home indicated what you would find inside; in this case, a seamstress' rooms.  The ceilings were incredibly low [even for me], the rooms tiny and crammed.  Such an interesting glimpse into the past!


 Also on Golden Lane.  An upper level dedicated to armor and weapons.  Suit up.

 Exterior of one of the Golden Lane buildings
 At the end of the street was another building that seemed to be an old theater.  Filled with photos of movie stars, old film canisters, and showing a movie, this had to be my favorite showcase of them all.






 Towers built over the Charles Bridge

 Astronomical clock in Old Town
 Locks of love on the Charles Bridge
 Somebody needs a haircut...
 Hidden kitten


 In the palace gardens, they had various birds of prey [hawks, owls, falcons, etc.] lazying about. For a donation, you were able to hold the birds and the instructor would tell you more about the specific breed you chose.  While not a huge fan of taking advantage of animals in captivity, the handler seemed to adore and take care of each one with such dedication...plus, I learned that they had been born and raised in captivity, and treated the gardens as their home.  Oh.  So I picked up an Eagle Owl, and as you can see in the picture above, I kind of loved him.


There you have it.  A very brief glimpse into our trip to Prague.  I tried not to show off every single photo I have on my computer, and I'm sure I missed some of the more important buildings and monuments, but these are the ones that I remember best.  Have you been to Prague?  How did you like it?

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! Everything looks like a story book! I like that astronomical clock and the locks of love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I just love the gorgeous buildings, you just don't find those over here! I think the concept of Golden Lane is so neat, I'm a nerd about things like that. As always, you've given me the travel bug :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you got to visit the Czech Republic!! Prague has such an amazing history and the architecture is beautiful!
    I'm glad you had an amazing time :) That owl is super cool, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.