Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday's Letters

Happy 4th of July!
Dear Friday.  This week kind of dragged by.  I need you to start coming back around faster for me, please.  Dear Husband.  Thank you so much for writing your version of our history.  Reading it made me laugh, cry, and love you even more.  I'm so lucky to have you!  Less than 1.5 months...almost there.  Dear pups.  Remember that one time I decided to be proactive and take you all running with me?  Yeah, well, that probably won't ever happen again.  Dear Alyssa.  You bought your ticket.  You fly in on the 8th of August.  I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT.  Dear Ramstein AB.  The parking situation on the 4th was ridiculous.  Seriously.  Get on top of that before next year.  Dear 4th of July in Germany.  While you weren't as large and grand as the San Francisco fireworks, didn't have an awesome parade like Huntington Beach, or an awesome view like Rochester [MN], you did the job fine.  The carnival was cute, the kids seems to know to stay away from me, and seeing every single person stop what they were doing to listen to the National Anthem almost made me cry.  Nothing can make you feel as patriotic as celebrating Independence Day on a military base.  Dear blogger friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful week!  Can't wait to catch up on posts today.  Dear new followers.  Welcome!  This little site seems to be growing and growing.  As happy as it makes me to know that I'm liked, it also makes me a little nervous...hoping I can keep you all entertained!  Dear PSE 9.  I hate you.  You're being replaced ASAP.  Dear Germany.  Your weather has been gorgeous recently, and cool enough at night for me to be comfortable.  Thank you!  Dear random person that messaged me on Facebook.  You seriously made my night!  Thank you for thinking I'm talented enough at picture-taking to ask me to photograph your children.  Definitely one of the best compliments a wannabe-photag can get!


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Friday's Letters! Looks like we're in the same boat... the military has brought us to Germany as well and my husband is currently deployed! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome about the facebook message! your talent is shining through! that picture above is stunning!! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading these...you have such a CUTE way of writing. And, that cracks me up, "the kids knew to stay away from me." LOL!

    Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sp glad to hear that you had a wonderful fourth. And hooray for new followers! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celebrating the 4th on a military base in Germany must be something special! I can only imagine the sense of pride and spirit there!

    Found you through the link up! Cute blog! I wrote mine over at born-to-roam.blogspot.com, stop by if you get the chance!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I obviously love the ferris wheel shot and ooooooohhhhhhhh weeeeeee English, look at you becoming the big time photog...so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo and I love Germany! I visited there a few times before and just fell in love! I will be passing near this month, Austria - and am hoping for some nice weather too. Any tips on attire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't think about how great it would be to celebrate fourth of july on a military base! Wish I was in Germany!!

    -nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love 4th of July at Huntington Beach. It was such an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehe I am giggling at the thought of someone taking four dogs running at once! I know that if I tried that it would definitely not end well! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love ferris wheels :)

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.