Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Venice

As mentioned in my last post, my mom came out for a visit.  She flew into Frankfurt, Germany, on a Friday and left a week later.  Not nearly enough time to do everything I wanted, but plenty of time to catch up and take a quick flight to Venice [only an hour away by plane].  It was beautiful, wonderful, and as anything is with the two of us, quite the adventure.

We stayed in a small town called Mogliano Veneto, which is maybe a 15-20 minute train ride from the island.  The first morning, we woke up from a refreshing sleep, walked from our B&B to the train station, and found a farmer's market!  I think we could have stayed there all day instead of sight seeing.  But, head to Venice we did, and I'm so glad.

The keys to our room

My beautiful mother.

In one of the hundreds thousands of alleys, looking up.


I received my camera back from mom and had at least a dozen pictures of clothes hanging...

Hi-5 in Venice!

The bridges, the weather, the atmosphere...everything was absolutely perfect!

4 comments:

  1. English-- I found your blog from Wendi's. LOVE your photos and hope you don't mind if I check in once in a while!!! Kelvin and I just spent a week in Italy and also had fabulous weather. You and your mom both look wonderful!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love these pictures!!! I would love to go to Italy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's so beautiful, and definitely such a unique experience. I can't wait to go back!

      Delete
  3. I have wanted to go to Carnival in Venice for the last 10 years. I will SOMEDAY, but I have no idea when SOMEDAY will be. :)

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.