Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DIY Hair Bow Holder

I was recently a part of a baby shower for a friend who is having a little girl, and was completely at a loss for what to do for a gift; German baby clothes are not quite what most Americans want [since the words are in German], plus shopping on the economy is expensive.  So I saw a DIY hair bow holder on Pinterest and wanted to make one of my own.

Taking an old frame I picked up at a Goodwill a couple years ago, I shopped for the paint I wanted [grey and pink], ribbon to match, and some household items on hand, I created a home made hair bow holder that I am in love with.



No stencils, so I used scrapbooking supplies for the border

Tracing over typed print helps keep your script neat and legible. 

I used thumb tacks instead of staples or glue gun
Painted hooks to match to allow hanging headbands

Overall result!
 I definitely love the look, and think I'll start making these more often to sell or just to give away.  A very relaxing project that took less than a day!  If you'd like more detailed directions on how to do this yourself, feel free to email me!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Love your bow holder! So cute! How did you get the hooks into the frame? Did you have to use a drill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.