Wednesday, March 28, 2012

10 Things

I wrote this post a while ago after I saw it on Sometimes Sweet and brown eyed bell, but never got around to posting it.  But it's a cute idea, and a great filler until I catch up on homework and photo editing and can actually sit down to take pictures/write a real blog.  So, here it goes!


There are five rules:

1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them.


c/o Tiffany Kaye Photography
Random Things:


01. I tell people my first name is English.  This is technically a lie...my first name is Elizabeth, and my middle name is English, but I've always gone by my middle name [since babyhood].  To tell people I go by my middle name, I then have to explain how Elizabeth is passed down to the oldest daughter of each family, and therefore more of a title than a name, and no one uses it...all of us named Elizabeth [quite a few, including mom and grandma] go by nicknames or middle names.  So just much easier to say English is my first name.  And no, I don't answer to Elizabeth.


02.  I have 14 tattoos.  I'm quite addicted, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.  I have tons more assigned to my open space, and now just have to beg money from the hubby so I can fill it all.


03.  Pre-military life, I was the worst pack rat in the world.  If you needed it, I had it...diapers, bottles, pacifiers, gum wrappers, cd cases, spare keys, single socks...you name it.  Thankfully, the Air Force forced me to mend my ways, although I do catch myself holding on to the random piece of junk and have to make myself throw it away.


04.  I spoil my dogs.  No, seriously spoil them.  Whatever you are imagining right now, multiply it by 10.  They get covered up at night with their blankets [well, they get cold!], sleep with me at night, run errands with me, get treats, and have first dibs on where to sit on the couch.  Not going to lie, I've even canceled plans because Ninja looked so pitiful sitting in his kennel with those big puppy dog eyes.


05.  I tend to devour books.  If I pick one up, I can't put it down until I'm done.  So usually this means I can start and finish a book the same day, or even multiple books.  Last Harry Potter novel that came out?  Took me seven hours.  It's actually quite annoying since I'm always running out of things to read.


06.  I hate anything and everything spicy.  Mexican food, curry, peppers, all of it stays away from me.  I can't even eat my own chili because it's too spicy for me.


07.  I had my dream wedding.  I've said since I was little that I wanted to elope so I didn't have to deal with planning anything, and we did!  I definitely don't regret it one bit.  It helped that we threw a reception a year later to celebrate with family and friends, though.


08.  Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday.  I understand what it's supposed to mean now [giving thanks and all that], but it just seems rude to me to celebrate the slaughter and restriction of Native Americans to reservations.  Just my pov.  


09.  I once tried to become a vegetarian, but my mom told me that if I didn't eat the chicken she gave me for dinner, then I had to eat a spoon full of peanut butter for protein.  I hate peanut butter more than chicken, so vegetarianism didn't happen for me.


10.  Speaking of chicken, I'm not a fan of most meats.  I can handle them sometimes, but you probably won't catch me eating steak, pork, turkey, lamb, duck, chicken, or anything else unless it's smothered in some great sauce that covers up the meaty flavor.


11.  I have new eyes and new ears; my eardrums were replaced [or something like that] when I was five to help me with my hearing, and I was able to receive PRK [think Lasik] a few years ago while I was in the military.  So now, I don't have to wear glasses OR a hearing aid.  Very nice.


Questions from Danielle:
1. If money, schooling or time was no obstacle, what career would you choose?
Photojournalism.  It's been my dream to work for National Geographic, being able to stay in one spot long enough for that kind of degree is slim to none.

2. What's the one thing you look forward to every day?

Hearing from my husband.  He's only been gone for a month, with five more to go, so any chance I can talk to him is priceless.  Deployments are hard enough, it would be almost almost impossible if I couldn't speak to him at least once a day.

3. What is your number one, all-time, favorite blog?

ohdeardrea is probably my favorite, but I enjoy reading all of the ones on my blog list.

4. Biggest online pet peeve?

When people use lol, rofl, tmi, ttyl, etc.  Is it that hard to write it out?  And are you really laughing?  Don't lie...

5. What is your all-time favorite book?

Right now, All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque.  But that's because I just finished reading it.  It'll be different next week.

6. What would your "last meal" be?

French fries.  Just those.  I love them.

7. Do you believe in love at first site?

Not at all.  I think love is something you have to work for and work at.  

8. What would your ideal Sunday morning consist of?

Laying in bed for an hour or two after I wake up with Timmy and the dogs.  A super long walk in the woods.  Watching movies and eating junk food.  Low key, relaxed, and just the four of us.

9. Why do you blog?

The number one reason is to keep my family and friends in the US updated on our lives.  But I also enjoy the blogging community, love exercising my creative writing skills, and think that it is a much more personal way to communicate with others than Facebook or Twitter or whatever else is out there.

10. If you had to choose one color to wear forever, what would you pick?

Geez.  Green?  Blue?  Black?  I don't know.  Maybe I'll just go naked.

11. What is your all-time favorite band? 

I don't have one.  I listen to the German radio stations, and sometimes to my iPod [which hasn't been updated in years].  I just like music.


Questions for the people I tag:


1)  What is your favorite vacation spot?
2)  Where do you see yourself in five years?  Ten?
3)  What is your biggest pet peeve when eating out?
4)  What is the hobby that occupies the most of your free time?
5)  What is your occupation?
6)  What is one skill you think everyone should have?
7)  Your biggest fear?
8)  One thing you hope to achieve by the end of the year?
9)  What is your favorite movie?
10)  If you could have any animal in the world for a pet, what would it be?
11)  What cheers you up when you're having a bad day?


And I tag: DawnLaraTalia ChristineMary, and whoever else would like to link up and play along!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea...my blog is over due a little about me post :) I'll be working on my questions! Thanks for tagging me!

    Also, I love that your family names the first girl Elizabeth. It's so romantic!
    xo, Dawn
    www.hellodearie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't so romantic when there are a dozen of us running around and someone yells "Elizabeth come here!" You never quite know who the person yelling is referring to.

    English's mom...Elizabeth "Ebby" Ray

    ReplyDelete

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.