Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Days

This past Wednesday, my father-in-law (Tim, Sr.) celebrated one of the most important occasions in a Airman's career.  After twenty-five years of service in the U.S. Air Force, Senior Master Sergeant Anderson retired!!!  It was a small affair, but well represented by important personnel from around the base.  Not only did he receive the traditional pendent (always pinned onto the uniform lapel by the spouse) and encased folded flag, he was also gifted with numerous accommodations, letters of appreciation from numerous high ranking individuals, and unique mementos from the squadron he left behind.  My MIL and their kids were given tokens of appreciation, too!









Not going to lie, I was balling by the end of the ceremony.  It always moves me when we get to show our appreciation, not only to those who have risked their lives to serve their country, but to the families who have risked their happiness and sacrificed so much in support.  I am beyond lucky to be a part of such an amazing military family.
Thank you, SMSgt Anderson (ret.) for your service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I respond to every single comment, but only via email. If you don't have an email linked to your account, then I won't be able to respond to you! That doesn't mean I don't read your notes, though. Every single one makes my day better.